Become part of a global movement among college graduates! It is a simple idea with monumental implications. The Graduation Pledge Alliance is housed at Bentley College (MA) and it has grown to include thousands of graduates from more than 100 colleges and universities around the world who are taking the Graduation Pledge by pinning a small green ribbon on their gowns during commencement.
Are you willing to take this pledge as you complete your degree at Appalachian State University?
“I pledge to explore and take into account the social and environmental consequences, and the civic and community responsibilities, of any job or career I consider and will try to improve these aspects of any organizations for which I work.”
If you would like to join other Appalachian graduates in this pledge, please follow these 5 simple steps:
- Read the Graduation Pledge Alliance.
- Complete our online form through AppSync.
- You can pick up the green ribbon to wear during commencement from the Office of Sustainability (basement of East Hall) between 8:30am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- Help us spread the word about the pledge—tell your friends! Download the logo above as your FaceBook profile picture to show your support.
- Stick to the pledge and make the world a better place. Note: If you would like help finding appropriate jobs/careers that will help you fulfill this pledge, please visit the ASU Career Development Center. GraduationPledge.org provides some additional resources.
Another quick thing you can do—but one that will hopefully last a lifetime—is to take the Graduation Pledge. This nationwide program helps you think about the choices you make on the job, and have an impact for social justice whereever you work.