ACT Board Fellows
The Board Fellows Program matches undergraduate students with a local nonprofit board of directors to gain insight into the operations involved in making our many active Community Partners successful. This experience provides students opportunities to be exposed to community leadership, nonprofit management, and governance while gaining valuable skills and experience as future community leaders.
Apply now for 2017-2018!
Board Fellows commit to:
- One year serving as a non-voting member on a local nonprofit board of directors
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with the Board Fellow cohort to discuss nonprofit leadership, professional development and other critical issues in the sector
- 40 hours of service to their sponsoring non-profit, including but not limited to board meetings and special events
Community Partners benefit by:
- Individual dedicated to identifying potentially relevant university resources, like sources for funding and volunteers
- Increased representation at the university, many Board Fellows represent their nonprofits at on-campus events
We are excited to see the work our 2016-2017 Board Fellows cohort will do this year!